What are we doing this semester?
- I'm Nat Tuck
- This is "Robotic Science and Systems" CS5335 / CS4610
- Video lectures: One take no edits
- We're going to be exploring control programs for mobile robots.
- What makes a mobile robot?
- Sensors, Actuators, Control Program, Autonomous Behavior
- Mobile robot: Some actuators move the robot
- Primarily in simulation.
- Simulation is a great idea in general.
- But this semester it makes even more sense, since getting teams together to
work with physical devices is harder.
- What kind of mobile robots?
- Traditional wheeled teaching robots.
- Space Ships!
- My site: https://ntuck-neu.site/
- Course Site / Syllabus
- If you get stuck, you can ask questions here.
- You shouldn't generally post code.
- Not for direct messages to course staff: use email or possibly
a Teams DM.
- Office Hours start next Monday.
- Course structure is flipped: Online video lectures are the lectures.
- Each week has one set of video lectures, which should be watched before
coming to in-person meetings.
- In-person meetings are optional, and will consist of demos and Q&A.
- The demos will frequently be the same for the two meetings in a week.
- In-person meetings are streamed via Zoom - you can ask questions remotely
using Zoom chat.
- Office hours are online using Teams.
Attending in-person meetings:
- Wear a mask
- Maintain social distancing
- Arrive on time; if you're more than a couple minutes late, you may not be
- Entering and leaving will take extra time to avoid mobs at the door
- Expect setup to take a few minutes
- Expect meetings to end early
- Because we need to leave time to allow for setup/teardown
- Because we're out of Q&A questions