13 - Wrap Up
Project Presentation Q&A
- Last two classes are presentation Q&A
- Schedule is posted on Piazza
- Watch presentation before scheduled Q&A day; watch the demo if you
want to see it to understand the project better
What we did this semester
This class was a series of homework assignments followed by a project.
The first two assignments we introduced the simulation tools we used:
- HW01 introduced Gazebo. You controlled a robot avoiding simple obstacles and
driving to a goal.
- HW02 introduced Kerbal Space Program. You wrote a script which launched a
rocket to orbit.
Then we had two more KSP assignments:
- In HW03, you landed a rocket on the Mun.
- In HW04, you explored planning inter-moon transfers.
Then four assignments solving mazes with a wheeled robot in Gazebo.
- In HW05, we started work on solving mazes.
- HW06 involved building an occupancy grid map.
- HW07 did pathfinding on the map
- HW08 added a camera and required image processign.
- Lots of Gazebo simulations and dead batteries.
- HW01: 2/2
- HW02: 2/2
- HW03: 2/2
- HW04: 1/2
- HW05: 2/2
- HW06: 1/2
- HW07: 1/2
- HW08: 1/2
Adding those up, we get 4 missed points, which would mean a student who got the
median on every HW would get a B+. We'll see how project grades do, but I intend
to issue a higher median grade than B+.
Do your TRACE evals
- What went well?
- What went poorly?